Saturday 29 December 2012

The Most Delisious Pasta Ever.

I love carbs. The heavy, happy feeling. But I have learnt over the years that carbs are evil, that they need to be avoided to lose weight. They are usually the first to go whenever I go on a diet.
I do think highly refined carbs ARE evil and should be avoided. But wholegrain carbs and grains like spelt, komut, rye, quinoa, cous cous and brown rice are delicious and healthy and need to be incorporated into a balanced vegan diet. I quietly panic a little when I have eaten alot of carbs but I am slowly trying to change the way I think about eating carbs and trust that I am doing the right thing by my body.

Which leads me to this beautiful thing.

Spelt Pasta with Avocado and Spinach Pesto.

250gms spelt spaghetti
1 avocado
1/2 lemon- more or less to taste
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper
handful of baby spinach
3 tbs almond meal or pine nuts
water, vege stock or oil to loosen in blender/processor

Cook pasta as per directions and blend or process remaining ingredients to make pesto. Stir pesto through hot pasta and enjoy this creamy, healthy meal that is full of goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment